Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm Back

Hi all - I took a break from making cards, but last weekend my mom was here and we went to the Arlington Scrapbooking and Stamping convention. That got me back in a creative mood. So here is the first of a few cards:

I've had this background stamp from SU for just about ever and never really knew what to do with it. I stamped and colored one and cut it out with Provocraft scissors and put it
on a red card, but didn't send it because I just didn't like it. It had no focus. Then, at the convention, I saw a card made with the stamp as a background with 2 girls

and the sentiment was something like "Friendship survives long distance" and I instantly thought of my bestest friend who lives (and has lived) far away. So, I wrote around the edge - on all four sides - "Long Distance doesn't separate friends..."



Stamp: SU Highways and Byways
Inks: various copics
Scissors: Provocraft
Card: DCWV

No comments:

Post a Comment