Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ocean Cards

I wanted to make an ocean birthday card for my aunt, but didn't like the first attempt, or the second attempt, or...

I finally came up with 3 variations...which do you like best and why?




The first card has a turtle. In the first, failed, attempts the grass didn't look very good when it was embossed with the bubbles. So with the turtle card, I only embossed part way down, but I'm not sure I like the abrupt stop of the bubbles.














The second card has a seahorse and different grass. The grass held up better to the embossing, so I think I like this one best.























The third card doesn't have the bubbles embossed on it. I will put it on the same orange background as the others once I've decided if I am going to emboss it or not.














Here is the inside.



For all cards:

Paper: SU Bordering Blue, DCWV orange
Ink: Adarondack's Lettuce
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug bubbles
Animals: Spellbinders Shapabilities From the Sea
Chalk: SU Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Olive Green
Stamp: Inspired by Nature by SU for the second and third cards and Potted Grasses from Stamp A Mania.


1 comment:

  1. I think my favorite is the second one. The seahorse full of bubbles. I have a thing for seahorses and texture so that's why I like that one so much.

    ReplyDelete