Tuesday, July 12, 2011

3D Sweet Peas

This doesn't scan very well because of the 3D nature of the sweet peas, but you can get the idea.

I saw this card several years ago and knew that I just had to get the butterfly punch to make the sweet peas. Finally, here is my first attempt.

I used scraps of purple paper, some SU and some DCWV. You use SU's butterfly punch, scrunch the paper a bit, then fold it in half and then fold each edge towards the center. Heidi, on her blog - she has a link to it on her SCS page - which is linked above, has a video showing how it is done. Then you use SU's 5 petal flower punch, and cut out one petal to use as the green part of the flower by folding it around the bottom. I also used a petal for the leaves and used my embossing tool to emboss the veins of the leaves.

I used the grass stamp from SU's Inspired by Nature for the stems and then glued the flowers and leaves to the card. I matted the card face onto one of the purples used for the flowers. I didn't this time, because I was running out of time, but if I do this card again, I would chalk the sky/clouds before I glued on the flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment