Saturday, July 2, 2011

Independence Day Cards



I made 4th of July cards this year; 31 of them. Here I'll post 2 of them and here is the link to pictures of all the rest.
The first card uses paper I bought at the Arlington Scrapbook Convention. I wish I remembered the brand, but I don't. I borrowed the Statue of Liberty stamp from a friend and embossed with Stamp A Mania's Verdigris EP on Ivory paper. Matted on a blue and a red scrap paper. The stamp Stars and Stripes is from The Paper Studio and is stamped with SU's Brilliant Blue.















The second card uses patterned paper and red for the background. The Happy 4th is from the SU set Happy Fourth, stamped with Brilliant Blue on white paper. I punched it out with the SU punch Curly Label. The firecrackers I made by rolling strips of patterned paper and gluing a small piece of twine inside them for the fuse. I don't think you can see it in the picture, but the end of the fuses I dipped in red Stickles so it looks like they are lit.

Happy Independence Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment