Saturday, July 9, 2011

Get Well Frogs



At the Arlington convention last month, I bought some stamps at Stamps by Judith to make some get well cards. I spent $30 on stamps, so I need to make a BUNCH of cards with them. :) Here is the first.



I also bought a Tim Holtz embossing folder of cattails and thought it would be a perfect match for the frog. I chalked the leaves portion of the cattails with SU's Glorious Green (and erased all the extra chalk) and then used brown flocking powder for the cattails themselves. I chalked the sun (using a template I created with the SU punch) with SU's Summer Sun and a bit of Pumpkin Pie. I colored the frog with copics and SU's Old Olive. I cut the frog out and put him over the sun. I stamped a bug over the frog (one of the SbJ stamps I bought).


On the inside I used another of the frog stamps, colored him
with the same markers as the first frog, then cut him out as well. I used Bliss Blue for the water. I used a "Heard you caught a bug" stamp that I already had, it isn't the SbJ stamp and the "Get Well Soon" from SU's Happy Healing.



On the back of the card, I used a third of the frogs above where I put my name.

One card down, bunches left to go! LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment